Job offers have recently been up, and it's your responsibility as a job seeker to be aware of available ones and apply if it's within your Expertise. In this article, you'll be informed about a job offer that has not been updated for too long, and a plus is if you have some expertise in the Design world.
Remote UI/UX Designer needed (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Job Description (Lead UX/UI Designer)
LumiQ is currently in need of a Lead UX/UI designer. This is a flexible hybrid role based in Toronto, Canada. Employees must be able to commute to the office for team and company-related activities.
As the lead UX/UI designer, you will develop LumiQ's podcasting platform for accountants and other financial professionals' overall user experience and visual design.
It will be essential to try to understand the needs of our users and translate them into understandable and beneficial user interfaces while working closely with the product management and engineering teams.
At LumiQ, a lead UX/UI designer should be well-versed in design principles, have superior problem-solving abilities, and collaborate with a cross-functional team. It would also help if you had a solid portfolio showcasing your design work.
Bonus points if you're passionate about podcasting, have Experienced working with accountants, or both!
- A minimum of 8 years of Experience in service design, interaction design, product design, or a related field is required.
- Experience working for at least three years in a fast-growing SaaS company
- A thorough comprehension of design concepts and methods
- The capacity to design prototypes that can be used to test and validate hypotheses using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- A mindset that is open-minded and creative, with an emphasis on achieving business goals
- Effective communication, presentation, and negotiation abilities
- Prototyping, wireframing, and storyboarding Experience for expressing thoughts and concepts
- Knowledge of user testing and analytics tools, as well as proficiency with industry-standard design tools like Figma and Sketch
- A portfolio displaying your creative work and workflow
- Expertise in designing user interfaces for iOS, Android, and web-based platforms
- Adobe Illustrator or graphic design knowledge is prioritized!
Read Also: Remote Frontend Developer Needed (US)
Benefits and Bonuses
- Health benefits after three months with us, including a yearly health spending account
- Availability of an employee assistance program, if necessary.
- Social gatherings for the team every month (Super Smash Bro party, hot chocolate bar, Blue Jays game, are just a few examples of what we have done in the past)
- Availability to change the schedule. We are aware that our staff members have lives outside of work, so we won't mind if you need to run to a doctor's appointment in the middle of the day or pick up a child early from school!
- Work from anywhere for four weeks per year under the nomad policy.
- Office space at Front and John Street, one of Canada's top startup accelerators, with ping pong and foosball tables, monthly learning opportunities, and a great chance to expand your personal and professional network with dozens of other startup people in the area
- The chance to collaborate with the elite investors who have backed us, including Dennis Bennie, one of the Creative Destruction Lab's founding members. Persons like Joel Lessem, founder and CEO of Firmex; Neil Wainright, founder and CEO of Nexonia; and Jean Desgagne, former CEO of GES at the TMX.
Here's what to know about LumiQ
LumiQ is an audio-first professional education platform for CPAs that helps CPAs obtain continuing professional development (CPD) hours through interesting podcasts with business leaders (such as the CFOs of Slack, Shopify, Yelp, Yahoo!, TD Bank, and Wealthsimple, to name a few).
Unfortunately, the annual learning requirement known as CPD/CPE is hated by most CPAs. They're tired of attending dull webinars, reading irrelevant material, and using outdated products. They have flocked to LumiQ and our goal of making professional learning enjoyable because of this.
LumiQ is on the verge of launching a global movement that will fundamentally change the professional education and podcasting industries, with hundreds of companies already signed up.
Following their recent Series A, they have expanded into the US market and are seeing great early signs of traction. However, LumiQ tends not to adhere to the maxim "move fast and break things" despite her explosive growth.
Instead, They want to create a successful business where customers recognize the product's worth, genuinely enjoy using it, and where their employees can develop professionally. If this appeals to you, they hope you will consider partnering with them as they embark on a mission to transform professional education!
Excellence Chukwuma Chukwunaedu
I enjoy marketing, technology and business. I help businesses and brands connect with their ideal customer profiles and build products that excite them and solve their problems.