The billionaire Egyptian Naguib Sawiris is Orascom Investment Holding S.A.E.'s chairman and chief executive officer, which has its headquarters in Egypt has an estimated net worth of US$3.1 billion.
Naguib Sawiris Earnings and Networth
Naguib Sawiris, the eldest of three billionaire brothers, ranks as the 16th richest person in the Middle East.
Naguib Sawiris Biography and Early Life
Full Name - Naguib Sawiris
Date of Birth - June 17, 1954
Age - 68 Years
Profession - Businessman
Height - N/A
Nationality - Egyptian
Source of wealth - Entrepreneur
Net worth - US$3.1 billion
Last updated - December 2022
Naguib Sawiris was born in Cairo, Egypt, on June 15, 1954. His parents were businessmen Onsi Sawiris (founder of the Orascom Group) and Yousriya Loza Sawiris. He is the oldest of three brothers, Nassef and Samih, who are also multibillionaires.
Naguib holds diplomas from the German Evangelical School in Giza and the ETH Zurich in mechanical engineering and technical administration, respectively.
Naguib Sawiris Career and Earnings
Sawiris has helped Orascom, the family business, expand and diversify since he joined it in 1979. As a result, it has become one of Egypt's most diverse conglomerates and the largest employer in the country's private sector.
Sawiris built the railway, I.T., and telecommunications sectors of Orascom. The decision to divide Orascom into four operating companies, Orascom Telecom Holding (O.T.H.), Orascom Construction Industries (O.C.I.), Orascom Hotels & Development, and Orascom Technology Systems, was made by management in the late 1990s.
He is the Managing Director & C.E.O. of Orascom Investment Holding S.A.E. (O.I.H.), which was recently rebranded from Orascom Telecom Holding, which was founded in 1997, to Orascom Telecom Media and Technologies, which was established in 2011.
Read Also: Nassef Sawiris Earnings And Networth
Here are some fantastic things about Naguib Sawiris
- Sawiris was named La Mancha Holding's chairman in August 2012.
- When Sawiris sold a stake in his telecom businesses to the Russian firm Vimplecom in 2014, he raised more than $4 billion.
- Sawiris acquired most of Euronews, a pan-European television network, at the beginning of 2015. He continued to be the primary shareholder until December 2021, when he started selling his interest to Alpac Capital.
- He offered to buy an island off the coast of Greece or Italy in September 2015 to aid hundreds of thousands of refugees escaping the Syrian conflict. He did admit, though, that the plan might run into issues with jurisdiction and customs law.
- Sawiris left his position as the C.E.O. of Orascom Telecom Media & Technology in December 2016.